Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Starting eye drops tomorrow...

Tomorrow we begin giving Gabe eye drops in both eyes until his procedure on Friday am. I am sure this will be new territory for him, but as he has taken everything in stride, I pray that he will cooperate enough to make it easy on all of us!
I didn't think I would be this nervous about the whole thing. His eyes are such a non issue for us that it seems strange to be thinking of them this week and getting ready for this procedure. (For those of you who do not know, Gabe will be going under Anesthesia so that his ophthalmologist can get a pressure reading on his eyes and get a better idea of what his vision loss is.) I have never had one of my kids go 'under'-I worry about my sweet boy.
We appreciate everyone's prayers that he is not scared at any point (I should be with him right up until he is asleep and he will awake with me there), that the doctor can get a good look at his eyes and that the anesthesia doesn't give him any problems.

I am looking forward to getting a clearer picture of his vision loss and what this will mean as he begins school next year.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for your sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Miles went under for surgery in June and it was hard on Mommy! But they do great and bounce back so quickly! All the kids in the recovery room were in and out and happy once they woke up. :-) I was not able to be with him when he woke up -- so lucky for you and Gabe!

    ReplyDelete