Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gabe's new eyes!



Here they are! He is doing so well with them! I can't even believe it! We had to drive 1.5 hrs (one way) to pick them up. I have decided that taking Gabe alone is not the best idea, as he still has some car issues to work through (mainly, mom can't get you anything you want as she is driving!). The eye glass lady put them on him and he kept them on. On the way home he took them off once, so I pulled over and put them back on and once he pushed them down below his nose (because he knew I wanted him to keep them on!), so I stopped and put them back up for him. He is getting the hint and has kept them on really really well. He was a cutie pie before and now he is double cute!

Now the verdict is out on how much they are helping him. I really think they are helping, but time will tell. He cannot tell us that they are helping and there are times when he will still look over the top of them. He is still pulling things close, but I think that is a habit that he is going to have to get used to not doing. Last night we read Good Night Moon and he was pointing to things in the book! Yay! Now we have to get a cheap spare pair in case of a glasses accident!

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie! He looks so handsome in his new glasses! (Just to introduce myself, my husband and I will be on our way to China in November to bring our 2-year-old son home.) Congratulations on Gabe and thank you for letting me follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. send me his rx. seriously. i'll make some for you, and then send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his new look ~ he appears so studious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my son looks over top of his glasses sometimes but I think it is because they fall down and he sometimes has to be told to push his glasses up. My son has worn them since he was 8 months old. He is now 3 1/2... His glasses are -8 in the right eye and -11 in the left.

    ReplyDelete