Thursday, October 1, 2009

Glasses

Not sure when Gabe's glasses are due in. I forgot to ask! But, I would think they would only take a little more than a week or so. We are so excited for him to get them, even though I am worried that keeping them on may be a battle. I hope that because they should mark such a huge improvement in his sight that he will love to have them on. We are hoping that he will be able to enjoy a movie or cartoons with Jie jie and ge ge without having his nose pressed up against the TV!
Someone asked me why they wouldn't have gotten him glasses in China. Well, the orphanages are really strapped financially and many of them care for hundreds of children. If you think about how difficult our country has just financing schools and education, let alone full time care including clothes, food, medical etc. I feel as though Gabe was blessed just to have the surgery he did at 8 months old!

Here is a pic of the type of glasses he is getting. They are fisher price brand (who knew they made kids glasses too?!).

2 comments:

  1. No one knows kids like Fisher Price...
    Those are really cute spectacles, I look forward to seeing pictures of your little man wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how fast he progresses once he is able to see. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete